The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 17-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 19 / Power: 0
ky40 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: All you need to know about HIV

hi Bro Big Sexy,
thanks for your advice
i just read a couple of articles on internet that the effectiveness of condom to prevent hiv is 98%
however some other articles show a result of 80 or 90 percent after research
so I would like to know which is the more recent and reliable source
thanks again
Old 17-07-2010, 07:45 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

i reckon it will be fair to say 98% would be more accurate..
however always use a good quality rubber.
check its expiry date and make sure it is wore correctly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky40 View Post
i just read a couple of articles on internet that the effectiveness of condom to prevent hiv is 98%

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 21-07-2010, 06:27 AM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

HIV gel breakthrough lifts mood at AIDS conference
AFP - Wednesday, July 21
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/2010072...e-c1b2fc3.html

VIENNA (AFP) - – A breakthrough test of a vaginal gel to protect women against HIV unleashed a wave of optimism at the world AIDS conference on Tuesday after two days of rows over funding.

Hearty applause broke out in the main hall of the Vienna congress centre where delegates were told of the research unveiled in the US journal Science the night before.

Organisers hastily set aside a huge room for a seminar to debate an announcement that some veterans described as nothing less than historic.

The prototype is the first vaginal gel to offer a strong degree of protection against the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), according to results from the second phase of a three-stage trial.

"We are all very excited by the results," Anthony Fauci, director of the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), told a press conference.

"This is the first time that there has been an unequivocally significant demonstration of the ability to block (HIV) acquisition in women by a microbicide."

Further scrutiny is needed of the microbicide's safety and effectiveness before it can be released to the public, experts cautioned.

Questions remain about whether the protection is high enough or whether the formula should be fine-tuned, and how the product would be used in real life rather than in test conditions.

But if these obstacles are overcome, a weapon of mighty proportions could emerge in the fight against AIDS, they said.

It would not only add to the tiny arsenal of options for preventing the spread of HIV. It would also empower women, especially those in sub-Saharan Africa, facing coercive sex from an infected partner who refuses to wear a condom.

"This is good news for women, good news for the field, and a good day for science," Yasmin Halima, director of the Global Campaign for Microbicides, said.

The US ambassador for AIDS, Eric Goosby, said the trial had been a "proof of concept" that the long and frustrating quest for a microbicide was viable.

"We are giving hope to women. For the first time we have seen results for a woman-initiated and -controlled HIV prevention option," said Michel Sidibe, executive director of the UN agency UNAIDS.

The gel was tested under tight ethical guidelines among 889 women in urban and rural South Africa, who were HIV-free at the start of the project.

Half of the women received the cream -- the first microbicide to contain an antiretroviral drug commonly used to treat HIV-infected people -- while the others used a placebo, a harmless but non-active lookalike.

Thirty-eight women in the gel group became infected with HIV, compared with 60 in the placebo group.

In statistical terms, the gel reduced the risk of HIV infection by 39 percent overall, but by 54 percent among women who adhered to the instructions most consistently.

There was no increase in side effects, nor -- among women who became infected with HIV -- any sign that they were more resistant to tenofovir as a result of the gel.

The implications for gay men, a group at risk for HIV, are as yet unknown.

The microbicide was not tested in anal intercourse, where statistical studies suggest the infection risk can be 10 times higher than for vaginal sex, Ward Cates, president of research at Family Health International (FHI), a major US NGOs, told AFP.

Jean-Fran�ois Delfraissy, executive director of France's National Agency for AIDS Research (ANRS), said the work was "one of the greatest (medical) trials in the history of HIV".

Even with this success, there remained no "magic bullet" on prevention, but a panoply of methods, including safe sex and male circumcision, he told AFP.

More than than 33 million people are infected by HIV, more than two-thirds of whom live in sub-Saharan Africa. In this region, 60 percent of new infections occur among women and girls.

The 18th International AIDS Conference, a six-day event that runs until Friday, was soured in opening debates over a slump in funding, triggered by the economic recession.

Activists rowdily accused President Barack Obama of reneging on AIDS pledges, prompting his predecessor, Bill Clinton, to mount a defence of the White House incumbent and urge campaigners to squeeze every dollar at a time of belt-tightening.

Old 23-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 11 / Power: 0
taky deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

hello,

i'm a newbie here seeking for advice
i've read the 1st page of this page, very informative,
however i have a question
it stated the risk of sexual intercourse with an infected female is 0.01-0.1%
the efficacy of condom is 90-99% (which means the risk is 1-10%)

so without condom is safer??
(I know the answer is not but I don't know how it works)

thanks
Old 27-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Samster

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1812 / Power: 15
fookydud has a brilliant futurefookydud has a brilliant futurefookydud has a brilliant futurefookydud has a brilliant futurefookydud has a brilliant futurefookydud has a brilliant futurefookydud has a brilliant futurefookydud has a brilliant futurefookydud has a brilliant futurefookydud has a brilliant futurefookydud has a brilliant future

hi bro big sexy, please help. I just did mastubation with a massage lady. She was masturbating me and i was fingering her. After the whole thing end, i went to wash my penis with water, forgetting that my hands still have her fluid and i carried on washing using the hand with her cum. it wasnt alot as she was not really very wet. after that then i remembered i forgot to wash my hands, i quickly use the anti-bacterial soap provided and wash it and my dick with the soap. Any chances? Please advise. I just had circumcision a month ago too. and the wound is not fully healed. as in the skin is not fully stitched up to my shaft yet. she did use lotion on my dick when doing HJ for me.
Old 28-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1096 / Power: 20
AfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by taky View Post
hello,

i'm a newbie here seeking for advice
i've read the 1st page of this page, very informative,
however i have a question
it stated the risk of sexual intercourse with an infected female is 0.01-0.1%
the efficacy of condom is 90-99% (which means the risk is 1-10%)

so without condom is safer??
(I know the answer is not but I don't know how it works)

thanks
Certainty not. Using a condom is safer. Correct and consistent use of condoms prevent HIV infection. The reason why condom is not 100% effective is because of the possibility of condom breakage, slippage, etc.
Old 28-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 23 / Power: 0
kinggyman deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfA_hmor View Post
Certainty not. Using a condom is safer. Correct and consistent use of condoms prevent HIV infection. The reason why condom is not 100% effective is because of the possibility of condom breakage, slippage, etc.
Thanks for the knowledge.
Old 29-07-2010, 07:44 AM

no need to worry.. very low risk of getting HIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fookydud View Post
Any chances? Please advise. .

Old 01-08-2010, 10:57 AM
SamSter

My Reputation: Points: 8 / Power: 0
fergieisking is Cool - loads of Potential

hi dumb qn here, but still nid to ask to clear up some misconceptions. when afa mentions abt the first chk at 1st mth, do they mean 4wks (28days) or 31days? Because a person with a low risk exposure might only go for one chkup, assuming he is very safe. And if he did the test on the 28th day but unfortunately, seroconverted on the 31st day, wont he miss out on the detection of hiv?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Samster

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 926 / Power: 20
Arucard is a splendid one to beholdArucard is a splendid one to beholdArucard is a splendid one to beholdArucard is a splendid one to beholdArucard is a splendid one to beholdArucard is a splendid one to beholdArucard is a splendid one to beholdArucard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieisking View Post
hi dumb qn here, but still nid to ask to clear up some misconceptions. when afa mentions abt the first chk at 1st mth, do they mean 4wks (28days) or 31days? Because a person with a low risk exposure might only go for one chkup, assuming he is very safe. And if he did the test on the 28th day but unfortunately, seroconverted on the 31st day, wont he miss out on the detection of hiv?
then u go on 32nd day lor

My Fav Bt Site

"A Wank a day keep mistress at bay"'s Thread
Old 01-08-2010, 05:48 PM
SamSter

My Reputation: Points: 8 / Power: 0
fergieisking is Cool - loads of Potential

lol tts my pt bro, the line btw 4th wk and 1 mth is blurred and i dunno wads the proper guidelines given by afa
Old 01-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
SunAsh deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

In the big scheme of things, a couple of days is not going to matter. There is still the 3rd month, 6th and also 12th month to go also. What's a few days compared to that ?
Old 01-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1096 / Power: 20
AfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud of

1 month, 4 weeks, 28 days or 31 days is generally a guideline of when it's okay to come for a HIV test. The time it takes for antibodies to show up in a HIV test can still vary from person to person, that's why it's good to come back for a re-test 3 months after exposure.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
pussy_man deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

sorry this may sound like a dumb ques to some. theres a question i would like to ask. a week ago i went to the polyclinic to test for hepatitis B. I was wondering if they use sterile equipment as i am quite worry that i may get hiv from a recycled needle. thanks alot!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:51 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2800 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussy_man View Post
sorry this may sound like a dumb ques to some. theres a question i would like to ask. a week ago i went to the polyclinic to test for hepatitis B. I was wondering if they use sterile equipment as i am quite worry that i may get hiv from a recycled needle. thanks alot!
Only drug addicts recycle needles.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1