Thread: My Struggle
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2022, 11:28 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 215 / Power: 14
bruceJKD is a Helpful and Caring SamsterbruceJKD is a Helpful and Caring SamsterbruceJKD is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: My Struggle

Chapter 1: Welcome to the family

Fast forward time to Friday morning, I’ve secretly brought along my home clothes together with the books that weigh like bricks. In fact, I was anticipating what is gonna happen or rather who we will see later.

School bell rang and I went of to our gang’s usual spot in the canteen and I already saw the 3 of them there, waiting for me. Joshua instructed me to change out and I did as told and proceeded to the back gate of the school.

There at the back gate, are groups and groups of students of my school and some girls in pinafore from the school nearby. As we walked through the groups, everyone greeted Joshua with his nickname, ong teh (emperor in hokkien). I don’t know if it’s me or something but as the greetings got more frequent, the more Joshua walk with the 386. It definitely felt good walking behind him.

Then, Joshua stopped in front of a huge groups of 25-30 students of our school and everyone greeted him unanimously. Joshua just nodded his head with Jasper, Boon Leng and Wei Kang not smiling at all and looking fierce.

“This is our new member Jun hao.” Introduced Joshua.

I waved and scanned the environment and there are a mix of long and short pants, home clothes, big and small sized people like me, regardless of race and religion.

After mingling around, I was introduced to the first cigarette in my whole entire life. Yes, I was only sec 1.

“here, try this.” One tanned guy offered me a lighted cigarette.

I shooked my head and waved my hands in refusal.

“Lai la, try one time. Damn shiok one.” He said again and pushed the cotton end of the cigarette close to my lips.

Hesitantly, I took a small puff and instantly choked and coughed. I felt like something is scratching my throat and it’s bloody uncomfortable. The tanned guy and a skinny and fair Chinese guy beside me laughed as though they are watching Mr Bean’s antics. I puffed again and it was not as bad at the first puff. Second and third puff followed and I already felt my head spinning.

“seh already right? My name is Alex. They call me orh ljiao.” The tanned guy introduced himself with extended hands. I took it and shook it firm.

“I'm Jun Hao and still got no nickname.”
Both of them laughed again. Was that funny? I thought to myself.

“I'm Kelvin, they call me xiaobai.” Said the skinny and fair Chinese guy beside me. I nodded and we had a small chat.
Apparently, they are also secondary 1 but in the normal stream. Then the topic of Melvinder and me was brought up.
“eh Hao, I heard you piang with the XXK people ah? Melvinder they all. Not bad leh, his size like that you still dare to go. Power la.” , commented Orh Jiao.
“I actually very scared bro but if I don’t fight back, I will kena whack. I fight back, also kena whack. So just punch lor.” I replied
“lim peh like your idea! Wahahaha!!” said xiaobai and he gave me a hi-5...