View Single Post
Old 20-06-2022, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all
Re: All you need to know about STD

Quote:
Originally Posted by $$$$$$$$$$$$ View Post
Hi Dr Tan, thanks very much for your kind replies.

Just to check, is there a difference, in HIV risk, between unprotected oral sex and using saliva as a handjob lubricant?

Meanung, is there Hiv Risk when there is exposure to saliva as a lubricant for non-insertive masturbation (handjob)?
The honest answer is I don't know. In fact nobody knows.

This goes back to my point on evidence based medicine. I am not aware of any large scale studies done on the risk of HIV using saliva as a lubricant. So I have to say I do not know.

I know many people (Doctors included) who would draw their conclusions from their understanding of physiology. Personally I think this is very dangerous.

So my answer to your question is: since the risk of getting HIV from oral sex is insignificant, it stands to reason that the risk of getting HIV from using saliva as a lubricant for masturbation is also insignificant. But I have no proof of that.