View Single Post
Old 23-11-2020, 03:41 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 529 / Power: 10
tubeless69 is a glorious beacon of lighttubeless69 is a glorious beacon of lighttubeless69 is a glorious beacon of lighttubeless69 is a glorious beacon of lighttubeless69 is a glorious beacon of lighttubeless69 is a glorious beacon of light
Biz Owner Encounters

During the CB period many pubs/restaurants n KTVs closed down. I managed to grab 3 places at relatively low takeover fees or no takeover fees at all and also negotiated for a lower rental with the landlords.

Since Phase II opened n with the 10.30pm restriction, it’s actually good for business because everyone comes out n drink as early as 3pm n by 10.30pm they are done. And my staff are happy too bcoz they can leave early n reach home before midnight.

I have regulars coming when we open at 3pm n they will bring their laptops and tap on our wifi and work. They will order beer or drink from their leftover bottles and at 6pm when our kitchen open, they will eat dinner here and start drinking.
I tied up with a “talent mgt company” and I have 2 young female “talents” working at each place.

Business has been good and we have been sticking to the rules of no alcohol after 10.30pm. The young “talents” are engaging and they know how to engage the customers and they know how to serve as well. No hanky panky stuff. I do have some rowdy customers at times but all my bar operation managers are guys who are experienced. So they always know how to handle the situations.

I am not there everyday as I’ve my day job n I know if I go down to these places, I’ll be drinking n often end up with too much alcohol. Of coz I’ll go down whenever I have friends making reservations n I will manage my time between all 3 places.

So far I’ve two different encounters at 2 of the places which I would like to share.

Stay tuned!