View Single Post
Old 19-02-2023, 03:58 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1006 / Power: 13
Anonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud of
Re: How I got myself with an ex-colleague...

About a month has past and part of my IT work involves an office on another location. Usually our team members rotate the schedule to go to that office as we were only required to be there on a half day basis and generally we thought it as a chore as we had to move between two offices on the same day and that work at this office is often hurried, not to mention having random users looking for us as face to face support is not readily available compared to the main office.

So here I was at a corner of the office and getting ready for work. I turned on my laptop as usual and a popup message appeared at the bottom right of the screen.

A familiar name - it was Angelina.

Angelina: Hey good day my IT guy!
(The word "my" made my heart tingle a bit - felt kind of stupid but well I was damn young then, anything might had melted me.)
Me: Wassup Angel
Me: Oh yeah, you looking for me for your email client problem issit?
Angelina: Yes, I wanna tell you I gonna be busy in the morning so we leave it in the afternoon to fix it, is that okay?
Me: Sure, no issues. I'll let you know when I'm free then
Angelina: Huh? Not the other way round meh?

By then a user walked over to my desk and I hastily minimized her chat window and attended to the user. That user was a nice old admin lady (in her 50s) and I could not refuse resolving her issues. Time flashed past and it was 2 hours gone - and nothing done yet. I walked back to my desk, opened the drawer and took a bunch of keys and went down level one to the server room and did my work.

This office is kind of special - it is a 3-level building with a basement, apart from extension buildings to other parts of the site. The first time I came I felt it was kind of eerie as it was a long corridor with rooms on both sides of it - my keys could only open the last door at the end of the corridor and as all windows were frosted there was no way of knowing what items were kept inside those rooms. Oh yeah I had also to mention that the lights are turned on manually, and they were those old long tube florescent lamps that swamp with insects the longer you leave them on - but it does not happen here cos...none of them wants to be here...

Anyway I did my work in the server room which involved changing backup tapes. An hour gone and I had to move the tapes to the storage room which was at basement one. I walked towards the only stairway I know of which led to the basement.

Then I heard some footsteps. WHAT THE FREAK...WHO IS HERE??? Even the door that leads to the corridor requires keys to be opened! And of my time here I had never seen anyone! Without thinking too much I rushed my steps to the basement and unlocked the door. I increased my pace to the storage room which functions as a secure safe as well.

Now, when I say secure safe - YES you can imagine it with that wacky knob that you had to turn right and left and right with the right code and to push a huge-ass handle downwards to open it. You even had to press a switch to turn on the ventilation and lights in the safe.

Without thinking I flicked the switch and entered the safe. Exchanged the tapes and rushed out and wanted to leave the room - but I had to turn back to turn the switch off. Closed the door which led to the safe. Then as I walked to the door which led to the stairway, I heard a loud sound of a door closing and at the corner of my eye, a figure appeared in the dim light.

WHAT IN THE FUCKING WORLD!