View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 12:40 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 337 / Power: 3
Frankenstein77 is one of the Best!Frankenstein77 is one of the Best!Frankenstein77 is one of the Best!Frankenstein77 is one of the Best!
Story - Do I have a choice?

"Dear, the utilities bill is due tomorrow. The grace period is up. They will cut our electricity by tomorrow"

"I try to borrow later"

"Borrow from who? All our friends are avoiding us now. Even your own gor is avoiding us too. Pa and Ma are in no position to help us anymore."

"I am sorry Dear. All my fault."

I am Mark. Just a few months ago, I was the happiest man in the world. 3 months ago, I married Xinni, my longtime girlfriend. 2 months ago, I started my own air-con servicing company after working as a air-con technician since I graduated from ITE and after army when I was 20. To achieve all these at 25 without much paper qualification, I feel proud.

Xinni, has been my stead since ITE days. She is 1 year my junior and I am her second boyfriend. We have been together for 7 years now.

My world come crashing down just a week after starting the company. We were installing an air-con at a temporary site and we had an accident on the scaffolding. I broke my right leg and my worker had a fatal injury. In my haste to get the business, I have not arranged for business insurance. For that, I had to pay huge damages to all parties and I became a bankrupt.

The worse thing is I had borrowed money from some underground sources to start my business as I have no credibility with the banks. I thought my business could easily cover the loans. These won't let me off even if I am a bankrupt now.

With no money left at all, my leg in a cast which made me unable to work for the next half year, and Xinni's $2.5K monthly salary as a retail salesgirl going to the moneylenders' interest only, we are in a desperate situation.