View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 04:14 PM
Samster (Donor)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4030 / Power: 17
Penguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When u eat and shit in own backyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedevil666 View Post
That is why need a systems of control mah. Unless it is a small company, otherwise there are usually at least a few staff overseeing one job scope. Unless it is the two directors at the top that is romantically involved and colluded to cover some bad deeds, it will be found out by audits or random checks sooner or later by other people within same dept?

That is just my take. Office relationships are the most common. Afterall, the boy and the girl see each other 1/3 of the time per day. Sparks are bound to fly if everything is aligned.
You're obviously not someone familiar with designing control systems. What you are referring to is something called Compensating Controls. They are very expensive to put in place and usually companies do not want or they simply cannot afford to build in redundancies in their design.

After all, who knows which roles or positions will become compromised?

Anyway, not to stray too far from the original topic, I think it is a generally bad idea to start a relationship within the same company. In some high pressure industries like Audit and parts of Finance, fucking a colleague is very common, but this practice is at best, tolerated.

It is best that one party resigns or be reassigned to another part of the company if the relarionship becomes serious. I never liked handling relationship fallouts between two members of my department who happen to like fucking each other, it is at best a complication and at worst, a managerial headache that needs intervention down the road.