View Single Post
Old 16-04-2022, 02:12 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 491 / Power: 12
Citizens is a glorious beacon of lightCitizens is a glorious beacon of lightCitizens is a glorious beacon of lightCitizens is a glorious beacon of lightCitizens is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Travel to JB 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiandcoco View Post
Hi Guys,

May I know about the traveling to JB by bus steps?. Planned to travel down during May period.

From wad i know, we need to install the mysejethera app, and upload the vaccination status, then on the day of going, fill up the "traveller" part in the mysejathera app, I do heard about needing internet acess when using the app to verify at malaysia custom?

or did i miss out any part, Tried to looking for guide online but some is not very clear.

And may i know is it safe at JB? looking for some action along KSL stretched, heard theres alot of crimes and stuffs

Thanks!
By bus? Then be prepared to wait long long as there is no public buses running cross borders at the moment. The buses will stop at Woodlands Train station bus stop and not cross into JB unlike pre-covid times.
You need to walk up the bridge and walk to the ICA checkpoint.... then take the shuttle bus to reach CIQ.
When I reached Woodlands this morning..... I was shocked at the queue at the bridge up to the ICA checkpoint and decided to abort my trip. I took a taxi to Marsiling MRT and when the driver heard I abort my trip because of the crowd..... he told me actually the queue is only crowded for those travelling by bus. Those driving in or by motorcycle actually clear immigration quite fast. He then recommended me to go in JB by motorcycle taxi.... only about S$10-$15/=

He detoured and proceeded to the carpark behind Kranji MRT where there is a group of guys gathered. I alighted and approached those guys and they confirmed can bring me into JB CIQ on their motorcycles. But they wanted S$20 for the 1 way trip. Refused to bargain saying today's trip will be some delay but is still faster than taking the shuttle bus.
Finally I agreed and followed one of them ro his malaysian plate motorcycle. At least his bike is a Superfour unlike some of the other smaller Honda Waves which I saw. The trip across by bike is actually quite smooth and fast... cleared both checkpoints in @ 25 mins and asked him to drop me off at Kings spa.