View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 08:14 PM
Samster (Donor)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4030 / Power: 17
Penguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When u eat and shit in own backyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
As a RO in workplace, I received a complaint from female subordinate about a male subordinate harressing her in sending text msgs and stalking her.

I can't help thinking of this forum when I got the complaint. LOL

Now in this case, I'm standing on the authority side.

What you, as fellow samster, do if you are in my shoes?

Call the male sub and F him for being stupid?
Does this guy actually report to you?

If he does, check with HR on the company rules on harassment and see if his behaviour is deemed unacceptable. Some companies adopt a very liberal standard along the #metoo movement which means that the woman complainant always has the upper hand and the male is presumed guilty till proven otherwise. Some companies have a much more even-handed approach and require a fairly stringent burden of proof before a set of behaviour can be deemed as harassment. You sound like a fairly new (ie recently promoted) RO so it's best you educate yourself on your company's rules on harassment.

Get HR's opinion in writing, if possible, then deliver the message to the guy using a purely professional approach. As much as you may want to appear to be bro to a fellow Samster, if the female complainant hears about the cordial way you handled the communication, she will turn against you and say that harassment is tolerated in the company.

If he does not report to you, then don't bother yourself with this fucker and let HR handle him.

If your company's big boss is female, your co-worker best look for another job, fast. He may already be famous amongst all the females and it is certainly not good for his career.

Last edited by Penguin23; 01-01-2024 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Edited for grammar, syntax and clarity