Old 04-10-2021, 01:10 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 17 / Power: 0
jericho20791 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Is this herpes?

Hi Dr Tan, I saw my regular derm and he did cryotherapy twice.

He didn't seem in favour of creams or pills. He said MCV is not as stubborn as HPV warts, so no need. He also said there's nothing else that can be done to speed up the recovery so that I can have sex again soon

Since you mentioned creams, is this something that you regularly prescribe for MCV? Does it really help to quickly get rid of remaining spots or prevent new ones from forming if already doing freezing?

Also is it necessary to make sure every single spot disappears before having unprotected sex again? There are some that are so tiny that they cannot be seen with the naked eye, have to use magnifying glass with light, and even then they are very faint

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post
MCV is a contagious skin virus. It is transmitted via skin to skin contact as well as via sharing fomites like towels.

It is self resolving. i.e. even without treatment it will go away by itself. But this usually takes 6 months or more.

MCV lesions can get bigger and more multiple especially in people with weak immune systems.

There are many treatments available for MCV from excision to creams to cryotherapy.

As with all STIs, diagnosing one mandates screening for others.

Please do not take this as a diagnosis or medical advice. You should still go see a Doctor.

Last edited by jericho20791; 05-10-2021 at 10:26 AM.