Old 24-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 72 / Power: 14
YourExcellency deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: The Scent of a Woman

We get back into the car and very soon, we were frolicking on the beach, in the setting sunset at Repulse Bay, feeling the warm sand in between our toes, holding hands as we strolled slowly along the beautiful beach. The feeling was indescribable, and I didn’t want it to end. Suddenly,

RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG~~~~~!!!”

I looked at my phone and it said, “XXXX calling” ←Insert wife’s name here

I answered, and it was my wife, asking how I was, and if I had eaten dinner? I had to tell her I was out with my colleagues and briefly chatted with her about how hectiv work had been, and how nice it was to be able to enjoy a weekend of pure relaxation. I told my wife the truth about everything I had done, with of course the exception of Liz’s existence. My wife had always trusted me, and after chatting for a couple minutes, we hung up.

I turned around to look for Liz and found that she had continued walking ahead of me. I caught up with her and held her hand, and when I looked into her eyes, I could swear I saw a look of sadness in her eyes.

Me: “Sorry, that was my wife, she called to see if I had dinner
Liz: “Its alright, you already told me about her, and its only natural that a woman will call her husband when he’s not by her side

She gave me a weak smile, but I could tell that the entire atmosphere was different now. It seemed like we were jolted back into reality by that short and simple phone call. We walked back slowly to the car, and by then it was almost dusk. I couldn’t bear to let her go home with that unhappy look on her face, so I decided to cheer her up.

Me: “Would I have the pleasure of buying you a drink tonight?
Liz (cheering up immediately): “I’m always game for a drink!
Me: “You’re always hanging out on Hong Kong island, why don’t I bring you to somewhere different?
Liz: “Sure! I love surprises!

Cutting through the mountains, I made my way towards the Cross-Harbour Tunnel that links Hong Kong Island to Kowloon, and very soon we found ourselves at Tsim Sha Tsui. I hunted around for a parking lot and 5 minutes later, we were sitting at a cozy oyster bar at Knutsford Terrace, sipping white wine. The live band was playing a soft jazzy number and the atmosphere was perfect.

By about midnight, we were already almost finishing our fourth bottle and I was getting a little buzz. Okay, may be not just a little but I’m a very normal guy and I will always say that I’m perfectly fine even when I’m on the verge of being drunk. Liz, on the other hand, was perfectly sober. She had a very high tolerance for alcohol and the wine was not taking too much of an effect on her. I called for the bill and we left. I asked Liz if she was high and if she wasn’t, could she drive? She replied that she was perfectly alright and she could definitely drive. She took over the keys from me and I plunked myself into the passenger seat and closed my eyes.

Last edited by YourExcellency; 24-10-2010 at 02:43 AM.