Old 16-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 39 / Power: 0
Nat Nat deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Scenario: Marriage between a Singaporean man and a PRC women in China's ROM, but both live in Sgp and have childrens born in Sgp.
Is the PRC women covered under the Singapore's Women's Charter too?

if they register their marriage with ROM(singapore) then she is covered under the chapter.

What about the children? Since they are born in Sgp, the men need to pay child maintenance as per Sgp's Law right? Or only if they take up Sgp citizenship when they are 18/21 year old? (I'm not sure about the process of such kids getting their citizenship, sorry)

citizenship for the child can happen before 18/21......after 21, parent can apply to stop giving child maintenance

What if the PRC women gets PR or citizenship later? (After that, divorce happens)
so long they register the marriage in sg... she is enitled to the wife maintenance

Anyway, does this mean in general it's "better" (for the men) to get married in PRC then? What are the pros & cons?
you have to check on the PRC laws then... there is no direct answer to which is better..people are entitled to out own opinions.

I know "why marry if we think of divorcing?", but just in case... I mean, if given a choice to marry either in Singapore or China, why not consider carefully right?
again to each his own...