View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

yeap bro u are right... The services of the Legal Aid Bureau are for poorer Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents who are in Singapore and come within the ambit of the scheme and meet the requirements of financial Means Test..... that message was more in reply to the bro( in PM) who was asking about it la...

------------------------------------------------
for those interested in legal aid... read here..source from http://app.minlaw.gov.sg/lab/info.asp#1

Briefly, to qualify for legal aid,

(a) you have to be a Singapore Citizen or a Singapore Permanent Resident and is present in Singapore;

(b) you have to satisfy the ”Means Test”. Your disposable income, that is, your income for the past 12 months before the date of application for legal aid and after deducting prescribed allowances, must not exceed $10,000/-, and your disposable capital must not exceed $7,000/-; and

(c) there must be merits in your case.
----------------------------------------------------

if her husband has a fix income of $3000/- per month and no other commitments( e.g child, parents and house)....she should be able to get MUCH more than the $100-$200...

$1000 is actually consider cheap... as for how the figure was derive..the law firm is in a better position to advise you on that..... remember the bigger the law firm... the higher the charges... as such... gettting a small law firm to handle the case will do.. alot of bigger law firms doesnt like handle such cases as well..

i assumed you meant the legal fee..... no..very unlikely... but there are others ways to do that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc7176
from her husband under woman charter as her husband is workin n earning ard 3k per month.
thx again.

sorry not really sex related... that was why bro S.. Pm me...anyway.. to answer it...
There is no time limit laid down for making a complaint. You may claim constructive dismissal either before you leave - or after..........This is also a counter-claim. You can only make a counter-claim if you have received a claim against you. It is often the case that a person will decide that it isn't worth the cost or trouble of making a claim (even when he or she has a good case) but will subsequently make the counter-claim if action is taken against him/her. It's far less expensive and risky to make a counter claim than it is to make a claim in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pm from Sxxx
Wrongful dismissal by in laws.......

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here